INTRODUCTION & DETAILS
#FLASHFICTION101 ran for two years and during that time thousands of writers submitted their brilliant stories and we loved reading every single one. Unfortunately we were a victim of our own success and the work involved in reading and publishing so many stories every month became too much.
We therefore decided to take a small hiatus and work on developing a new way in which we could achieve our goals.
We want to achieve the following:
- Remain a platform for writers to showcase their work.
- Remove as many barriers as possible for writers wanting to showcase their work.
- Ensure that the reward for published writers is fair and reasonable.
- Ensure that the work needed to achieve the above is sustainable, achievable and fair to us.
With these goals in mind we have created a new programme of writing opportunities that we believe will achieve all of these goals.
We will bringing you details of these during October and November ready for launch in 2023. If you are signed-up to our mailing list, you will be the first to hear about these opportunities. If you're not currently signed-up you can enter your details below.
RULES & FORMATTING
Authors must be 16 years of age or over at the time of submitting their story.
Entry is open to everyone; locally, nationally and internationally, but entries must be written in English.
All entries must be the original and individual work of entrant.
Entries must not have been previously published in print or online, been broadcast or won a prize.
Entries can be and genre or theme. They must also be for adult or young adult readers. Non-fiction and fiction written for children under 13 years of age is not eligible. We are hoping to bring further competitions that focus on writing for children soon.
Simultaneous submission is permitted. Should your fiction win a prize or be published elsewhere, please get in touch so that we may remove your entry.
Authors retain full worldwide copyright throughout.
Entrants may submit as many entries as they like, but may only submit each individual piece of work once in a twelve month period.
1. The exact length of the story must be 101 words, title excluded.
2. Entries should be typed in a plain legible font.
3. All entries (excluding the annual competition shortlist) will be read and judged anonymously. Please do not include your name, address, email, telephone number or any personally identifying information on any page of your uploaded file.
4. Acceptable file types are odt, doc, docx, txt and pdf.
5. The file name must be the title of your piece. If your piece does not have a title, then the file name must be the first five words of your story.
1. Submission can only be made online, using the Submissions Form below. No postal entries will be accepted.
2. No alterations or corrections may be made after you have submitted your work. You may remove your work from consideration but you will not be able to enter the same work again for a period of 12 months.
3. There is no limit to the number of entries and entrant may submit.
ENTER YOUR STORY
HELP US TO KEEP CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR CREATIVES
Our #FlashFiction101 competition is and always will be free to enter.
However, if you would like to make a donation to help Tortive Theatre continue to create opportunities and develop future work, we'd be extremely grateful. It's been an incredibly difficult time for all theatre companies and arts organisations, and it is with your support that we will continue to survive through and past the global pandemic crisis of 2020/21. Thank you to all those who have donated so far. Every donation really does help.