Seven Things You Must Never Tell My Boyfriend
1. I only clean the greasy hairballs from my brush every month.
2. I use other people’s toothbrushes to de-grime my window frames.
3. I keep cockroaches in the bathroom cupboard next to the condoms.
4. When I take off my make-up, I’ll remind him of my mother.
5. My last lover choked on one of the grapes I brought him in hospital. It wasn’t my fault he tripped on the stairs.
6. It isn’t just wine in the glass my boyfriend’s drinking from.
7. The only other person I confessed these secrets to never made it out of intensive care.
#FLASHFICTION101 April 2021 SHORTLISTED ENTRY
All work remains copyright of the owner. No reproduction of this work is permitted without written permission from the author detailed here. If you wish to contact the author, please contact Tortive Theatre.
#FlashFiction101 is a monthly competition and free to enter. For more information on the competition please visit www.tortivetheatre.com/flash101